HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Bonnie Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 12:12:00 -0500
I need help understanding the HPSWINFO file - from just looking at it this
is
what I gather -

1) the first section shows the product name and product number

2) the second section list patches and/or changes installed

3) the third section list components installed like HP OPENDESK MANAGER for
example!

okay, no problem understanding these sections

But in the first section,  why some products have an asterisk? how do I know
which products are installed? Like I see *HP GLANCEPLUS PAK on two systems
(with
an asterisk) but only one has the scope collector background job and the
other
doesn't.

There are two other product name associated with Glance, are those *HP
GLANCEPLUS/IX and *PERF COLLECTOR IX? would that be a correct assumption?
Anyway, both have asterisks and are listed on both boxes. What does this
mean?

TIA
Bonnie Roman
Trying to be a HP3000 sysadmin!!