HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Andrew Schriber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Schriber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 09:29:39 -0400
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

I have several jobs that dial out to remote printers.  They usually breeze
along without any problems.  Lately, they have been all going south at the
same time.  The error message they are returning is no answer from remote
modem.  My first step to debug the problem was to move them up a queue,
this did not work.  My second step was to run the program from within a
session, and add debug statements.  The twist is the program does not have
the problem running in a session.  Why?

Currently I have a job, and a VT session both in the C Queue and both
running the same program.  The session always makes a connection, the job
never makes a connection.

All thoughts, ideas, and jokes will be appreciated.

Andy  (scratching his head and losing more hair) Schriber
Andrew Schriber
LabCorp
Systems Programmer