HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:22:31 -0400
I just received the CD with the IPROF sessions and tutorials. Not one was
specifically HP3000 related. The ones that could deal with the 3000 didn't.
An example of this is the session EPIC and IA-64 What's It All About. It
dealt with the issues but at the end, on the HP's Roadmap to the Future
slide, the 3000 is not in the picture. (Since we already knew that the
Merced chip was not going to be offered to the 3000 community I don't know
why this surprised or bothered me, but it does.) I have always wanted to
attend IPROF or HPWORLD but would have a hard time convincing my employer
that it is in their interest to send me when all of the sessions seem to be
UNIX and NT based. The more we complain the less we seem to be heard. Thank
you for letting me use this forum to lodge an old an well known complaint.