HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 11:00:41 -0700
Hi,

The score is Reflection: 10, Me: 0.

I'm dialed into LDEV 21 on an HP 3000, which has PCLINK2 version:
   NM PCLINK2 (Privileged) Version: 3.14.02

(BTW, you can get the version by doing: RUN PCLINK2.PUB.SYS;INFO="VERSION")

When I try to start a file transfer (either direction) I get an immediate
"host does not respond" error.  I'm termtype=10, with the default
settings ... settings that usually *work* on other dialins.

BUT...when I go back to the main terminal windo, I see that
Reflection successfully started PCLINK2.PUB.SYS which is "prompting"
with the (@#@#@#@).  (Michael Hensley observed that we *see* the
"RUN PCLINK2.PUB.SYS" line on the screen, which doesn't happen for
"good" transfers.)

If I switch various settings on/off (e.g., disable DC2 or host prompt),
the problem sometimes changes to "timeout".

The value of HPTYPEAHEAD is false.

When Reflection file transfer works, it's wonderful, when it refuses
to work it's extremely frustrating!

I've tried two PCs (two different copies of Reflection), and two modems.

As an alternative, I have access to KERMIT.PUB.VESOFT, but haven't been able to
get Reflection to talk to it yet (despite going through the file
setup stuff).

At the risk of missing an obvious answer, let me say "I don't think
I'm missing something obvious".  Any unobvious solutions?

thanks!

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html