HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 08:42:16 +0200
Kevin,

>I've been digging around trying to figure out where I can find the module
>needed to run servlets without much luck.
>
>Now the magic question - where can I download the needed module and how does
>one install it?

See http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/index.html for info on
Apache JServ as well as Jigsaw or Sun JavaWebServer on MPE/iX. The latter
two have session snippets showing installation and setup, the former also
has downloadable binaries in case you don't want to run your own build
from source.

For building/running servlets you will also have to download the JSDK (Java
Servlet Developer Kit) from the Sun web site, which provides runtime classes
as well as developer documentation, tutorial, examples etc.

If you are already running Apache on your system, you can either run the
Apache version that includes mod_jserv to replace it or simply run the new
one on a separate (additional) port, depending on your preferences.

Lars.