HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 18:03:34 -0400
Hi,

If it is any comfort to the 3000 community, we recently ran into a situation
like this with HP's jetadmin software on Unix. It didn't understand some of
the PJL ("unexpected bytes") coming back from the laserjet 4000 and reprinted
and reprinted and reprinted...

However, an updated version of the jetadmin software for the 9000 appears to
have this fixed according to the docs (haven't really stress tested it yet).
The old version was only installed back in Sept. 99.

Richard G.

--
Richard Gambrell
Database Administrator and Consultant to Computing Services