HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
"Gary L. Biggs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary L. Biggs
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 11:46:34 -0500
Mark, et. Al. --

I'm testing a new technique and having very good success. Mind you I am no
web designer, but, I'm putting together a prototype page with Microsoft
FrontPage, Active Server Pages, NT Server 4.0 pp 4, ODBCLINK/SE and
ALLBASE/IMAGE SQL.

My technique is to execute Stored procedures via ODBC that return rows of
data.
Stored procedures are VERY powerful and let you write nice thin clients
with software that is fully supported by HP. Give the following URL a try.

It is running against an copy of a customer's database and the performance
is very impressive, though it will be limited by my current connection
to the net at 64K. This is really cool work, and a technical challenge...

http://www.performing-tech.com/R&D/choose_performance.asp

At 02:37 PM 5/6/99 +0100, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>We're trying to develop a Web-based Front-end for one of our apps. The
idea is
>to make it as simple as possible to present the data (from an IMAGE
Database) in
>a web-page. I know a lot of you out there are trying to do the same thing and
>was wondering what tools/approaches are being used out there....
>
>TIA for the feedback..
>
>Mark W.
>SPE.

Gary L. Biggs, N5TTO
Interex SIG Allbase Chair, 1999 HamCom Program Chair

"Abandon all hope, Ye who Inter(net) here" --
Dante, over the portal(router) to Hell