HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
TechServ TechServ <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechServ TechServ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 10:59:42 -0600
We are looking at setting up and using DNS on our systems.  Using DNS will imply using the RESLVCNF and HOSTS files in NET.SYS and accessing a company-wide DNS Server.  We don't want to setup or HP3000 as a DNS server.  Are there any problems that we need to be aware of?  If so, what are they and how can we address them?  We would like to rid the hard-coding of IP addresses in our FTP processes and do not want to set up the addresses in NMMGR.  I've used RESLVCNF before and had success.  Word on the street states that there are problems with the use of this and we should go to MPE/iX 6.0.

TIA,

Tom Renz