HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
Bob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 09:16:55 PST8PDT
I was having the exact same errors on all the Laser printers I was
trying to set up for network printing.  I had headers off, but the
print job would keep printing for ever until stopped.

HPRC seemed to be familiar with the problem and said to use
pjl_supported = FALSE for ALL laser printers.
They said this would be addressed in PP7 in late May.

This did solve the problem and I can now print.
Can't wait for the first paper jam half-way through a 5000 page print
job.  I can sense a 'snipping spoolfiles in SPIFF' experience.

> Date:          Wed, 5 May 1999 09:35:58 -0500
> From:          Kim Borgman <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:       error message-npconfig-network
> To:            [log in to unmask]

> OK gurus,  I get the following errors every 60 seconds on my console.  The
> laser printer on the network (5siMX) keeps printing the header page
> over/over.  Happens once every week or so.  I have to stop the spooler, turn
> off the printer, defer the spoolfile, and then start it up again.  When I
> called HP the last time I was told to put a command (i forget it
> exactly-something=false) in the npconfig file.  It fixed the problem but
> caused others that were worse, so I had to back it out.  Attached is also my
> NPCONFIG layout.
>
> TIA....................
>
> ERROR:
>
> 8:53/209/Output spooler, LDEV #172;  The IPCRECV intrinsic reported error 64
> while waiting for a generic event completion.  The error text is:  REMOTE
> ABORTED THE CONNECTION.  (SOCKERR 64)  Native Mode Spooler message 9646.
>
> 8:54/209/Output spooler, Ldev #172:  Device has reported a power failure or
> other interruption while outputting the header for SPOOLID #O21660.  The
> spooler will reprint the header.  Native Mode Spooler message 9029.
>
> NPCONFIG layout:
>

> global   (setup_file = pcllp.hpenv.sys
>           MESSAGE_INTERVAL = 300
>           banner_intray = 1
>           banner_trailer = false
>           data_timeout = 15
>           jam-recovery = false)
> 172      (network_address = iiljw2.nws.com
>           setup_file = pcllp.hpenv.sys)
>
> Kim Borgman, MIS
> NWS, Inc.
> 317-917-1399

--=--=--
Bob Walker, Computer Centre  --  [log in to unmask]
Capilano College, North Vancouver, BC, CANADA.
------