UTCSTAFF Archives

May 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Richard Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 11:32:42 -0400
FREE BARBEQUE LUNCH FOR FACULTY AND STAFF

A visiting group of 29 businessmen and staff from a Japanese company and the
UTC Japan Project will host a free barbeque lunch for UTC faculty and staff
at noon on Wednesday, June 9th at the Faculty Club.

If you would like to join us, please RSVP with Michaele Kennedy at 4561: we
need a head count so Vickie can prepare enough food for everyone.

HOME-STAYS

The above group would also like to experience our American lifestyle by
spending one night (June 8th) in a home.  If you would like to host two or
more of them, please contact me by Email or phone (5314), or leave a message
with Michaele (above).  There is no direct connection with the picnic
mentioned above, but home-stay families are certainly welcome to come to the
lunch.

Pick-up for the homestays will be 5:00-5:30 at the 5th street entrance to
the UTC Student Center. Since the idea is to experience a "typical" evening,
they will be interested in our food, and you need not "entertain" them.  For
example, you could watch your favorite television shows or do whatever you
would usually do. Please join the Japan Project in welcoming these
international visitors to our campus and community.