UTCSTAFF Archives

May 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Betsy Darken <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Darken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 09:17:09 -0500
Congratulations to Jane Harbaugh, our university "living memory" (as well
as our Associate Provost for Undergraduate and Special Programs), for being
named one of ten Women of Distinction by the American Lung Association!
Jane pours her heart out for UTC and the Chattanooga community, and it is
great to see her recognized for her work.  June McEwen, formerly assistant
director for the Honors Program and a bulwark for that program and the
university, was also named one of the Ten.  Go June!   And three more of
the Ten have UTC connections:  Harriette Stokes, Larry Stokes' wife (bask
in reflected glory, Larry!); Joni McNeill, "synonymous with the arts in
Chattanooga"; and Evelyn Duval.  I am proud that UTC is contributing so
much to our community through these women!

Mathematics Department, UT-Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN  37403
phone:615-755-4580;fax: 615-755-4586; email: [log in to unmask]