HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:41:52 -0400
Bob,

This could be as simple as a :TELLOP whenever a session logs on to a
specific port.
Add something like this to your system-wide logon UDC:

if HPLDEVIN = 21 or HPLDEVIN = 100
   tellop !HPJOBNAME,!HPUSER.!HPACCOUNT has logged on to ldev !HPLDEVIN
   tell BOB,MANAGER.SYS !HPJOBNAME,!HPUSER.!HPACCOUNT has logged on to ldev
!HPLDEVIN
endif

This could be much more complex such as using SYSLOG or SENDMAIL for other
types of notification.

HTH.

Doug.

Doug Werth                                     Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                                       Cincinnati, Ohio

The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent the views or opinions
of Beechglen Development. They might, but not necessarily. They represent
solely the opinions of the author.