HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Ken Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:06:25 +0100
Mark,

MPE iX 6.0 FTP has problems with all GUI clients.

It used to be the case (5.5 et al) that MPUT and MGET worked in the Posix
and MPE file space and happily handled this (put and get behaved as Mark
describes ).

Now if you use WS FTP, the KEA!HP FTP file shuttle or other GUI ftp clients
you get:

RETR inetd.conf
550 NONEXISTENT GROUP  (FSERR 51)

I got the following reply from HPUKRC in March:
<snip>
The Network Expert Centre engineer agreed with us that the change to FTP
on 6.0 was unexpected and unwelcome.
I have therefore submitted Service Request 1653298141, asking for the
behaviour of MGET on 6.0 to be consistent with its behaviour on 5.5.  I
hope we'll at least get an explanation of what happened fairly soon.
<snip>

Ken Vickers
LINKWAY Development and Support
Computing Solutions Limited
International Toll Free 00 800 00 3000 00
Tel. +44 1905 794400
Fax. +44 1905 794464
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.csllink.com