HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:13:06 -0500
At 4/22/99 12:27 PM -0500, Steve Hammond wrote:
>I have a saved a spool file (it is in the ;SPSAVE format).
>
>I want to now move that file back to the READY state, but I can't find  out
>how to move it back - is it ;ALTER?

As a couple of folks have already commented, you use the ;PRINT option on the
SPOOLF command to link the spool file back into the spooler.  However, you
should note that works by COPYing the data to a new spool file rather than
simply relinking the existing spool file.  The attributes of the old spool file
are used for the new copy unless specified otherwise on the SPOOLF command.
--
Jeff Woods
[log in to unmask]  [PGP key available here via finger]