HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
David Rutherford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:00:43 +0100
A friend of mine working at another site has been handed the following
problem regarding sockets. He doesn't subscribe to this list (yet), so I'm
posting on his behalf...

I have an application that uses sockets on the HP3000 - it is actually
accessing an Oracle database on a 969/100 cpu. Originally, the clients were
OS/2 PC's, and they have now been changed to use NT. There now seems to be a
problem with the sockets interface. Using SOCKINFO, I have established that
the server process (a batch job) does know that a client has made contact
(there is an outstanding 'receipt' indicated) but for some reason there is
no exchange of data taking place.
Obviously, the above description is but a snippet of the whole story, but I
was wondering if you have ever come across anything along these lines
before?
An educated guess might suggest some protocol problem with NT4 (?). Having
spoken with some network people, they pretty much confirm what I see on
SOCKINFO, but there seems to be a bit of an absence of information/knowledge
on what to do to resolve the problem OR where else to look for clues.
Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

All replies gratefully received.

Regards,

David
(+44 171 658 5452)

                Confidentiality Notice

This message may contain privileged and confidential information. If you think, for any reason, that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it, and we would ask you to notify us immediately by return email to "[log in to unmask]".