HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Cortlandt Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cortlandt Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:31:55 -0700
Donna Garverick wrote:
>(donning my sig sysman hat...)  gee, we 'sit' here day after day
talking
>about how reliable and wonderful our mpe systems are (and they
are...)  but
>how many times -- each week(?) -- do we hear this complaint from
someone?
>it's happened to all of us.  is this solvable?  can the engineers in
>bangalore (or state-side...) invent some clever solution to keep us
from
>having to reboot for (imo) a ridiculous problem?  (/hat)          - d

Amen.

Short of fixing the problem -- is there a  publically available HP
document that clearly explains the recommended procedures for clearing
a hung session?

You have illustrated the process of "cognitive dissonance" that would
allow an NT or UNIX fan to brag about great their systems are.     Is
it any wonder that decision makers might look askance at any all and
all claims of greatness from IT types?

Cortlandt Wilson
Cortlandt Software
www.cortsoft.com  (MANMAN 3rd party  Resources site)