HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:10:51 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Lee Gunter,
> Agreed.  We also use Security/3000 to report daily usage of all our dialup
> ports (among other things), and having an assigned device class has
> definitely made this easier.
>
> Lee

Ok, my turn to learn.  How is this creation of a class done?  I tried ac in
ioconfig, but it told me that the device doesn't exist.  When I do an ld on
that device, I the device number followed by "NMMGR".  Should I be in NMMGR or
is there something I should do to the device specification in ioconfig?  Also,
I'd rather not do this than take any chances at messing up our dial-up setup,
so if there's a chance that a change will cause problems, please include a
warning.

Thanks!
Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Serv, Southern Adventist University
Of all things, good sense is the most fairly distributed: everyone thinks he