HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
"Stigers, Greg [And]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Greg [And]
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:56:11 -0400
We got bitten by an SA using rmdir with SAMBA running. I'm sorry that I
don't have the SR handy. The 'work-around' is to use purgedir.

I don't know about this issue freeing up directories, but I have tried to
purge a group that someone is looking at in Explorer. MPE sees this access,
and is fortunately unwilling to let me purge said group, which is a good
thing. I have the luxury of coming back later, when my mystery user is no
longer looking at this empty group that we want to purge, so this is a nit,
rather than a real problem.