HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Steve Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:48:01 -0500
I am doing Y2K testing on a leased 917. We are running through a yearly processing cycle in about 2-3 months.

We use COBOL and PowerHouse for most of our applications.

Between 'nightly' runs, we use the SETCLOCK command to set the system date to the next day.

But this sets the 'system' clock as opposed to the 'hardware' clock (as reported to me by Cognos tech support). Cognos uses the 'hardware' clock for reporting SYSDATE, therefore, even though a SHOWTIME tells me the system date is 06/20/99, a QUIZ REPORT SYSDATE tells me the system date is 96/10/29.

Any hints on changing the hardware clock at the same time I change the system clock?

steve hammond
aamc
washington dc