HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:06:21 -0400
Re: (33 lines)
Hello Friends @ 3000-l,

Re: Head's up SA1458 5.5 out of HPRECVFROM

-----------------------------------------------------------Cary Marshall says--
Can someone let me know how to determine if I have the aforementioned patches
on my system.  When I look at the HPSWINFO file, I see "NSTFD10A General Fixes
for NS TRANSPORT on MPE/iX 5.5 (C0) Patch", but I don't see the ones mentioned
by James.  Does this mean I need to patch?  I'm on 5.5 pp6. Thanks for your
help. Cary Marshall
-----------------------------------------------------------Cary Marshall says--

The NSTFD10A patch which is included on PowerPatch does not include this
defect.  No action is required for your systems.

The defect can be identified on your machine by performing a :nmmaint,3 and
looking for NET_UDP_VERS with a version Greater-Than-Or-Equal-To "C8" as below
demonstrated:

:nmmaint,3
NL procedure:    NET_UDP_VERS                Version:  B05090C8 *

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard
Worldwide Technology Network Expert Center
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.