HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 3

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:37:19 +0000
Larry Simonsen asks about "routable AFCP"
---------------------

AFCP is NOT routable.  You have to bridge it unless you use
the openview DTC mgr.  It will "encapsulate" (my word) the AFCP inside
an IP packet and that makes it routable.

At least this is how it has been explained to me at least three times
by three different people that I trust (and Joe G. too ;-)
And, you have to have an OV station at each site to do the "packing"
and "unpacking", so it gets a bit expensive and a pain to manage.

Terry W. Simpkins
Director ISIT
Lucas Control Systems