HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 3

From:
"Schlosser, Robert (Contractor)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Schlosser, Robert (Contractor)
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:48:19 -0400
        If you are interested in just some commands, you could always
investigate HP Security Monitor. It will allow for specified commands to be
logged to the system log file (provided command logging is enabled). I have used
this feature and it can be very useful in determining who did what, when. A
note, if you have a command being monitored and it is a conditional portion of a
job stream, udc or command file it will be shown in the logs even if it was not
executed. The CI had to look at it so it got logged.
It also will allow you to disable execution of a command, both from the CI or
programmatic. Once you have it in the log files, it is easy enough to write a
program to extract what you are looking for and place it into a file on the
3000, sparing a tree or two.

Bob Schlosser
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, FL.