HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 3

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:51:59 -0400
I posted this before and have solved the immediate problem, but
I'm wondering what causes stuff like this to happen.  I had a
job that I tried to stop normally (using the vendor's stop
process).  When that didn't work, I tried to ABORTJOB it.
That failed as well.  The job still showed up in a SHOWJOB,
although the job itself had no activity - no CPU usage,
no disk i/o, no Image locks held, etc.  In fact, a SHOWPROC
JOB=#Jnnnn showed that SHOWPROC thought the job was gone
(No matching processes).  My question originally was
how to get rid of the job (which I eventually did by
rebooting the machine), but now my question is how does
this happen?  That is, how could a job still show up in
a SHOWJOB, yet not in SHOWPROC?  Any ideas?

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
Voice: (330) 527-2124                   Therm-O-Link, Inc.
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   PO Box 285; 10513 Freedom St.
Email: [log in to unmask]       Garrettsville, Ohio  44231