HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:48:20 +0200
Ken wrote...

>compiling/linking from the shell is different than the CI.

Yes, that's right. Compiler and/or linker use different flags
and/or libraries for CCXL in the CI versus c89 in the Shell.

>If you intend to run them from the CI, compile them from the CI.

I typically don't encounter problems when running an NMPRG built
with c89 from either the Shell or the CI. But their might be subtle
issues when it comes to I/O redirection accessing argv[0] or getting
Posix env vars (getenv() not HPCIGETVAR). So your milage may vary.

I somehow suspect that chances are better for a c89 compiled program
to run ok from the CI, than for a CCXL compiled program in the Shell.

>The base block size for memory allocated by malloc() are based on
>what loads your code, the CI or the shell.

Oh. This was new to me. Learn something new every day :-) Maybe the
malloc() functions used by CCXL code and c89 code come from different
libraries. It's probably better to not mix the two flavours...

Lars "not a C guru and not intending to become one" Appel ;-)