HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 3

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:42:56 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> Maybe Tivoli's email system won't treat my private service provider's
> address the same as my employer's and let this pass though this time.

[snip]

I don't think I'd blame that e-mail bouncing on Tivoli... What they're telling
you is that your company's mailserver was identified (just like Raven/hp3000-l
was just caught) as a server that doesn't prevent itself from being used to
relay spam (or any other messages any outsider chooses to send through it).

If Tivoli is refusing mail from your company's server, I'd go find your mail
server administrator and have them CORRECT the mail server ASAP. This time it
was a support contact that refused your mail; you'll likely find many other
servers refusing your mail shortly also (perhaps customers or POTENTIAL
customers).

   -Chris (remove nospam) Bartram