HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 2

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:57:09 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
A DLT 4000 is rated at 1.5 MB/s native (5.4 GB/h), 3 MB/s compressed
(10.8GB/h).  A DLT 7000 is rated at 5 MB/s native (18GB/h) and 10 MB/s
compressed (36GB/h).  You should not expect to be able to reach the full
compressed speed, but you might come fairly close, if your disk subsystem
can supply the data fast enough.

For higher backup speeds, use multiple DLT 7000, as it is unlikely HP will
in the near future, support faster devices such as IBM Magstars (9MB/s
native), StorageTek Redwoods (11MB/s) or Eagles (15 MB/s) on the HP 3000.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP America, Inc.
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com