HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 2

From:
Carl McNamee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl McNamee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:21:51 -0500
We are using the INTER and MAXTAPEBUF options in Turbo Store.  We ditched
Road Runner and that would be another LONG discussion.

Denys had a good suggestion to see if the data we are working with may be
causing a bottle neck on the disk i/o side. We are going to try a backup of
the test data to $null and see how long it takes.

Carl

>Because the tape drives are not the limiting factor in your backup speed.
It's