HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 2

Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:29:04 +0100
We currently have lots of serial links from our HP3000/MPE5.5 to HP
terminals and PC/Reflection termianl emulators. When asked if we could add
another user, were told "no ports available". Surely we don't have to have
serial links therefore needing ports. I am sure we can connect to the HP
from any PC, running Reflections, over TCP/IP?

We also have half dosens operators whos job is to run jobs such as printing
reports, invoices, monitoring the jobs etc and have the reports ready for
other people in the morning. Now my question, is it possible to connect the
HP to network printers in various departments and let the users print their
own reports( on a schedule set up by the system administrator)?.

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks
Ray