HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 2

From:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:04:12 -0400
A long time ago I downloaded a version of Samba to the 3000 and managed to
get it working under MPE 5.5. Now that I've upgraded to MPE 6 with Samba
included, I can't get it to run.

Yesterday, with very little effort, I managed to get it up and running
except that it would only connect as guest. None of the services requiring
passwords would work. I spent some time looking over the config file and
trying to view the man pages before I gave up.

Today, for no apparent reason, it doesn't work at all.

When I stream the JSMB & JNMB jobs, they log on, start then daemons, which
go into a WAIT state for about a minute and then terminate with no message.
I can't think of anything that's changed since yesterday.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?