HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 2

Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:52:55 +0100
For those of you that have been complaining about the massive costs of
Powerhouse upgrades, take heart that your contributions have helped
Cognos to make a small profit.  :0}

From the Cognos Website :
Cognos® Incorporated (Nasdaq:COGN; TSE:CSN) today announced final
results for its fourth quarter and full year ended February 28, 1999.
Revenue for the quarter was $86.9 million, a 23 percent increase over
the same period last year.....Revenue for the fiscal year ended February
28, 1999 was $301.1 million, an increase of 23 percent over revenue of
$244.8 million for the previous fiscal year.....Ron Zambonini, President
and CEO of Cognos, stated, "This was a strong finish to our fiscal year
and we are very pleased with the financial performance of the company.
As importantly, we believe we have significantly strengthened the
company's leadership position within the business intelligence software
market … we have both developed and acquired market-leading products and
technologies, we are adding resources to our worldwide sales and service
force and we are fortunate to have attracted a large number of
significant new customers to our installed base."

Also...Revenue from the company's PowerHouse® and Axiant® products
during the quarter was $16.3 million, compared to $17.7 million in the
fourth quarter of last year. For the year, these products generated
$70.2 million in revenue, compared to $68.6 million in the previous
fiscal year. Zambonini added, "We believe that this year's results for
these products reflect some demand associated with customers' Year 2000
programs. This is a solid indication to us that these customers will
continue to use these products through the turn of the century and that
this part of our business will continue to benefit our shareholders."

So....less whinging, you can see how important Powerhouse is to the
Cognos shareholders! :-)

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]