HP3000-L Archives

April 1999, Week 2

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:43:30 -0700
For the small developer (like me :), the new program is much better than
before.  Under the new plan, if you are a 'Premier SPP' member (which you
had to be before anyway), you receive all of the same HP software as you
did with the 918DX program, but you're free to install that software on any
system you may already have, or purchase.  In my case, I already had a 928LX
that I was using, and didn't really need another system.  Under the old plan,
I would have need to purchase a 918DX, but now I can (and have) installed
the same software on my 928LX.  This is almost exactly what I wanted!
I have thrown a curve to HP though.  Now that I have the software being supplied
to me via SPP, the only benefit I receive from my existing HW/SW contract is
the HW support and access to ESC.  I've been speaking with some people
in the contract department about dropping my SW support (I didn't have RC
support to begin with), and they seem confused to say the least.  They have
been speaking with my SPP advocate and since I am using the 928LX as
it was intended under the program, it appears that I'm on my way to saving
around $3000 this year :)  I'll miss the ESC, but its not worth $3000/year!

So for me, the program is definitely working.

Regards,

Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies
http://www.editcorp.com