HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 5

From:
Raghuram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:06:31 +0530
Hello John,

I recall seeing a similar problem a few months back.
If my memory serves me right, VM FTP doesn't "like"
our semi-colon buildparms syntax.

SITE BUILDPARMS only gives the buildparms for a file
on the MPE system - it cannot be used to set the buildparms.

No idea if Jeff's quote strategy works; if so, fine.

The other is "get" from MPE - again great, if you can
manage it.

Otherwise, another strategy is as follows...

Log into the MPE system (where you want the file to
be transferred).  Edit the BLDPARMS file. The following
are the lines that matter.

;REC=-80,,F,ASCII;DISC=204800
;REC=-256,,V,BINARY;DISC=204800
;REC=,,B;DISC=16384000

Depending on whether you are doing
an ASCII or BINARY transfer, edit the corresponding
line to replace "-80" or "-256" with "-228" (I'm
assuming you meant 228 byte records in your file).
Then, when you put, the target file will be created the
way you want.

You might want to restore the old BLDPARMS after that
so that other files aren't created similarly.

Hopefully there will be better ideas.

Let us know how it turns out!
--
Best regards,
Raghu  (mail me at rram at india dot hp dot com)

CSY R & D, Bangalore, INDIA
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not HP's