HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 5

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:32:22 -0800
I believe that HiComp supports autoloaders on the HP 3000.  The HP 3000
version of the product uses HP's Turbostore API to do the actual backup and
restore operations.  HiComp provides a wrapper for this.  If you are
interested, contact Denys Beauchamin at [log in to unmask]  You might also
want to visit their website at http://www.hicomp.com/.

Their products also allow you to backup NT, Novell and Unix servers and
clients using either a locally attached or a network based backup server.
One application is to use the HP 3000 with an autoloader attached as the
backup server for your Intel based servers.  It has an interesting feature
in that it creates backups that are readable on computers other than the one
the backup was created from.  Therefore, if your autoloader were to fail and
you had a DLT on an NT computer, you would be able to restore from the NT
server on the same network as the HP3000.

Charles Finley
Open-Ended Systems Corporation
(310) 957-2200