HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 5

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:01:04 +0200
There is an ugly rumour circulating here (probably not true) that it
also (sometimes) looks at the contents of C:\WINNT\Profiles\<logged on
user>\Recent (assuming your running NT, and probably the equivalent if
you are on Win9x) and mails to the 50 lucky recipients the latest word
document it can find as an infected attachment.

I guess that could be construed as harmful.

Today, I was at a client when the panic struck, and they hastily shut
down their groaning mail server (3000 + users).

I have just received unsolicited e-mail with word documents attached -
and even though my anti virus software (F-Prot from Data Fellows) seems
happy, there is no way I'm going to open them :)

Oh, Melissa!

Regards

Neil