HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 5

From:
Steve Macsisak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Macsisak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:24:01 GMT
: problem.  When the third program was started they started to observe
: impedes.  When a fourth job was started the impede situation caused the jobs
: to run very slowly.

:                 Do the wise ones on the list have any thoughts on what could
: have caused the impeded jobs?  We do not believe that it was an Image block
: since the datasets that were being worked on were not linked to each other.
: Beyond that I'm clueless!

Well, what I would do on first thought would be to turn on dsem and prefetch
for each database. On second thought I would probably do above and use glance
or sos to look at stack markers for the impeded programs and try and determine
what db calls the programs were impeding on and of course you could use
SPT, carl since I know you have it.

"IT DEPENDS" Your actual mileage will vary

--
         ___
        /  /            Stephen F. Macsisak :Performance Consultant