HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 5

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:53:51 +0200
Andreas wrote...

>The S/W replacement is free BUT you will need NT WS to run the reports out
>of the extracted and ftp'ed file if you do not already have a Unix box with
>PerfView Server.

If you /bin/tobyte the extracted SCOPE log into a directory that is
shared to PC's via Samba/iX then PerfView/NT might be able to access
it without the add'l ftp step... (I vaguely recall that a colleague
of mine and me played with this looong ago... we just were unable to
access the RXLOG directly i.e. without the /bin/tobyte step).

So if you already do some nightly extract to weekly and/or yearly
RXLOG files (which unlike the raw logs will also be covered by your
regular backup), it might be worth trying to add the /bin/tobyte to
put them in reach for PerfView/NT...

Lars.