HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 12:32:08 -0800
The press release is NOT accurate. I worked for Abtech as an inhouse HP3000 expert.

Please note that HP shut down MULTIPLE businesses across the nation at the same time. They did it using the FBI High Tech Crime Task Force of which HP is the sole
company funding them. The FBI sold these companies stolen merchandise (can you spell entrapment?) and then "discovered" it during the raid.

HP has apparently changed the unwritten rules under which 3rd party refurbishers have operated peacefully since the HP3000 was born and not bothered to notify anybody
until it was time to stage the FBI raids. In my individual opinion, note I am no longer employed by Abtech, HP has tried to run the 3rd party refurbishers out of business by
judicial means when they could not compete in the marketplace. BTW, Abtech did $50,000,000 last year, they were a target worth pursuing.

Paul Courry
NO LONGER AN ABTECH EMPLOYEE, MY OPINIONS ARE THOSE OF AN INDIVIDUAL