HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
H Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
H Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:49:29 EST
I am having a problem with hung network printers.  We are running
MPE 5.5 PP6.  I thought I had heard that PP6 fixed a lot of
networking printer problems, but we are still getting reports
of printers that will not respond until a start-norecovery is
done.  So far, the problem seems to be associated with printers
that were turned off or ran out of paper prior to NS coming down
and were still in that state when NS came up.

Has anyone else seen this and come up with a way to free the
printer short of a start-norecovery?  I am looking for a
method that will not impact other users.  We have tried power
cycling the printer and stoping/starting spooling.

Thanks.

-- H Campbell

H Gregory Campbell               |   [log in to unmask]
Systems Programmer               |   hcampbel@irishvma
Univ. of Notre Dame              |
Notre Dame, Indiana, USA         |   (219) 631-5600