HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:26:54 -0800
Re:
> I'm in the process of porting some Fortran IV code that used to run
> on an HP3000/MPE IV/V system, and have run across a call to a procedure
> called OURTIME.  It takes a 5-element integer parameter, and although it's
> clear that it returns the current TOD, it's not clear what the return format
> actually is... can anyone enlighten me?

It's a user-written routine of some kind.  If you still have
the CM code in a runnable state, try:

   1) logon as a user with PM capability

   2) run the program with ";DEBUG"

   3) enter:

         b ?OURTIME

when you hit a call to OURTIME, do:

   var foo [q-4]
   lev 1
   dc p-20, 21
   b p
   ddb foo,5
   bd @

and post the result, or email it to me and I'll summarize.
What the above tries to do is stop at the entry  to OURTIME,
save a copy of the usual first parameter, set a breakpiont at the return,
continue.  When the return breakpoint is hit, we display the
(probable) result area.  Since there's some uncertainty
here, the "dc p-20,21" will help by displaying some of the calling
code.