HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:05:36 -0500
Following on the heels of SIGIMAGE and SIGALLBASE, we now have a ballot
available from ballot-meister Joe Geiser for our joint issues at
http://www.csillc.com/sysmpe.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote :-)

Many of the top issues of the two SIGs (MPE and SYSMAN) duplicated each
other, so following the trend of IPROF 99 when we discussed issues of
both camps we are presenting our ballot in a combined forum.

Since this is a joint ballot, you have *twenty* votes to account for
the two SIGs.  To be fair, on the honor system, you should try to
allocate 10 votes to each SIG (which items belong to which SIG is an
exercise for the reader as we couldn't figure it out ourselves), and
by no means should you apply more than 10 votes to a particular item.

In the extended description, you will find the agenda item along with
the current (as of IPROF) stance of CSY on the project and some other
comments for items carried over from last year.  Items marked as "in
progress" can be considered a "done deal" as CSY has committed to them
and you can save some votes for other areas.  The ones "under
investigation" or similar you should vote for if you want them as part
of the investigation process is to determine customer needs.  The last
items on the ballot are new points introduced in discussion at IPROF at
the SIG meetings and have no CSY status associated with them except
where appropriate.

Sorry for the short notice (they surprised me too!) but we need the
ballots by close of business Friday so Joe can get the results to us and
we in turn get the results to Interex for the formal System Improvement
Ballot (SIB).

Thanks in advance for your participation (and if you don't participate
we'll hunt you down :-) ).  Many thanks again to Joe Geiser for
providing the balloting pages.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>  Chair, SIGMPE

Once again, go to http://www.csillc.com/sysmpe/