HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:54:19 -0500
Joe,

To say outright that reverse engineering or disassembling is a violation is
not exactly correct. Reverese engineering falls under fair use. Reverse
engineering is a defense even against claims of misappropriaton of trade
secrets. Here are a couple of links that talk about cases of reverse
engineering.

John Zoltak
North American Mfg Co

P.S. This message is licensed for 20 viewings :-) If you think you're the
21st, please delete without reading.

http://www.tht.com/VUartW93Software.htm
http://www.angenehm.com/secrets.html