HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 3

From:
Phil Yantis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:32:57 -0800
The request for VESOFT's email address (and accompanying lament about the
difficulty in contacting them) reminded me of a "problem" I have with their
manuals. They will only provide documentation in hardcopy. I travel to
multiple HP installations and carrying around a bunch of manuals is just
not an option. I frequently end up having to dial into one site from
another and often enough the site I'm at doesn't have VESOFT. I called
VESOFT and asked if their manuals were available in an electronic form -
preferably like Robelle's, though even a less useful form, IMHO, like
Cognos's would still be helpful. They blew me off with little more than a
terse "No". I really like their software and have used it since the days of
the HP3000/III, I sure wish they would make their manuals as useful as
their software. Having the manuals in a Help form on the 3000 only works
while you're connected to the 3000.

Does anyone else feel they would like to see VESOFT get with the times and
provide their manuals in a easily transportable electronic form? For
instance, Windows  Help or HTML.

Now to go find some cheese to go with my whine. &:^)