HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 2

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:53:50 -0500
Joe Geiser, friend of Ann HP, wrote:

> Wirt "Ann HP" Atmar after Jim "Disconsolate" Trudeau:
>
> > Dear Disconsolate:
> >
> > > What is a poor country boy to do?  Cast aside his true love and
> > >  chance the stormy seas of romance with another?  It is easy to
> > >  tell myself to just console myself with the fact she only has this
> > >  one small failing as opposed to the outrages of some of my earlier
> > >  and younger indescrestions, but it is so hard Ann, it is so hard.
> > >
> > >  I don't want to ruin our relationship, but I cannot go on
> > with her this way.  What shall I do?
> >
> > Do not despair. You can console yourself by merely typing:
> >
> >      :CONSOLE yourldevnumber
> >
> > It will make a world of difference in your relationship. New
> > worlds will be
> > opened to you both. Your beloved HP3000 will become your
> > willing love slave, ready to leap to your every command.
> >
> > Let me know how things turn out. I care.
>
> One more thing though -- be sure that your beloved trusts you enough again
> to allow you to access the master area of the relationship, by having been
> bestowed with SM... then you should be able to "console" yourself by
> following "Ann HP"'s advice.
>
> Good luck, we do care :)
>
> A friend of Ann HP :)

Dean Ann,

I, too, from time to time, and even as we speak, have gone astray from the
true 3K love and my eye is drawn to other DBMS finery, the lovely Oracle,
whose layers and layers of controls and commands and options take me in and
wear me out, when worn by the 3K's younger sister the 9K. Yet I find I still
must turn to the 3K for getting the house work done. Sigh. Is there hope for
me, Ann?

BTW, If there is no consolation for the Disconsolate yet, he must remember
that true, deep intimacy with the 3K women is only permitted by the HP Gods
of fates through Privileged Modes.  With a 9K, deep intimacy comes much
cheaper, merely su - how can one resist such charms?

Richard - (my shame - I confess to being a polygamist) - Gambrell