HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 2

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] Web : www.cheops.fr [...]41_10Mar199910:34:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:54:25 -0500
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> I have never used VPLUS personally and our shop is not a
> sofisticated programming shop. One of our programmers
> had to create a multi-line field (users want  to keep an
> advertising product blurp with the product). Data entry
> is no problem as the cursor jumps to the next line as
> required. However when they change their minds on
> what they want to type and press insert, the text does
> not wrap to the next line but runs of the end. I suspect
> that the next request will be to do the same with the
> delete key.
>
> We use Reflection v 6.0 emulating an HP70092 terminal.
> I notice that there is an escape sequence (ESC N) listed
> in the Reflection manual to turn insert wrap on.
>
> Is it possible to do this in VPLUS or is it a terminal or VPLUS
> restriction?

You can also turn insert-wrap on in most HP terminals by hitting ctl-insert
instead of just insert. I don't know if it works in wrapping fields across
lines in VPLUS, but it does work in char mode... though even then it only
wraps down 1 line (i.e. the next line gets chopped if both lines are full -
it doesn't wrap a whole screen of lines like you PC/GUI screens do. It also
wraps by *character* not on word boundaries).

  Hope that helps;
    Chris (remove nospam) Bartram