HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 2

From:
Bryan Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:23:50 -0600
BDY.TXT (24 lines)
Just an update and a thank you for all the information.

Apparently the IT/O MPE agent installation requires vt3k rather then
freevt3k due to some problem with a return code from one of the
installation scripts not being returned properly.  Once we had the real
vt3k installed on our system the installation went off without a hitch.
 Unfortunately the HPRC was unaware that vt3k was located on jazz.
None of my HP contacts were aware either.  We finally did get a
compassionate ASE to tar up and email me the binary for vt3k.
Everything went smoothly from that point on.

Many thanks to Andreas Schmidt, Jeff Vance, and John Spitzer for their
rapid response and valuable information.

I also received some interesting information from one of the engineers
at the HPRC.  Under IT/O 5.x the 3K's will be supported through DCE and
telnet instead of VT.  This will be the default for MPE/iX 6.0 but
telnet will also be supported for the connection to 5.5 systems.  They
are also extending the capabilities of the MPE agent.  Hopefully this
is an indication that someone other then CSY recognizes the value of
the 3K's to HP's customers.

Thanks again!