HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 2

From:
John Spitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Spitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:34:22 -0800
Hello Bryan,

This situation is changing as we speak. You are correct that the HP-UX labs
obsoleted the VT3K/9000 product last year. But I have good news that CSY is in
the process of re-introducing the product to solve the problem you are having.

CSY considers IT/O critical to their plans so we have taken ownerwhip of the
vt3k product.  We are working to release it as a free program on a future
DART. You can obtain the current version of VT3K from the HP 3000 Web Server
JAZZ at:

http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/vt3k/index.html

This page contains the instructions for installing it on your IT/O management
server. This method of distrubuting vt3k is temporary until we get released on
the DART. This version of vt3k on JAZZ is the supported version for HP-UX
10.20.

As far as why the install is skipping the create user/group/account I can't
say without the log files. Try installing the agent with the supported version
of vt3k and if you still have a problem, send me the logfiles.

Bryan Greenberg wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience installing the MPE agent for
> IT/Operations?  We are having a problem and the response center won't
> help because we are using freevt3k instead of the vt3k on the
> applications cd (which is codeworded and of course I don't have a
> codeword).  Our problem is that it looks like the installation is
> skipping the part that creates the user/group/account on the 3k and I'm
> not sure why.  I can provide logfile output to any interested parties,
> if necessary.
>
> Hopefully someone on the list has done this before (Andreas?).
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan Greenberg
> Interstate Brands Corporation

  John Spitzer

         _/
        _/                  John Spitzer
       _/_/_/  _/_/_/       Commercial Systems Division
      _/  _/  _/  _/        E-mail     : [log in to unmask]
     _/  _/  _/_/_/         Phone      : (408) 447-1160
            _/              Telnet     : 447-1160
           _/               Fax        : (408) 447-1434