HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 2

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:18:10 +0100
Hi Bryan, this is strange because HP does no longer support vt3k as far as
I know.

But a colleague of mine, responsible to migrate to IT/O OpC 4.x advised me
to check the Release Notes. And here you can read:

If you have any MPE agents you will not be able to use the MPE tools vt3k
block mode and type ahead mode.
Solution: on mgt server edit the file
/etc/opt/OV/share/registration/C/terminal and remove all occurences of the
following lines:
/** Remove comments if you have vt3k on HPUX 10 **
** Remove comments if you have vt3k on HPUX 10 **/
This uncomments the vt3k actions and makes the tools available for use. The
applications will work the next time you start the ITO GUI.

He also advised me to search the docs under http://www.docs.hp.com and
under the IT/O section under the normal hp web presence.

I can not add any experience here because we're still under ITO 3.x
But now we know that we have to become very carefully to update the agents
on MPE. Thanks for sharing this, and please keep me informed of the final
solution.

Best regards,
Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany

[log in to unmask] on 03/10/99 05:09:00 PM