HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 1

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 06:24:50 -0500
Wirt talks about cussin' like a sailor when installing JetAdmin...

A couple of things to remember, when it comes to these pair of
words/acronyms:

  HP -> PC software
  HP -> PC Printer Driver Software

1.  Except for some small instances, HP has never been able to put out
PC-based software well.  Everything that HP has ever come out with, again,
with a very few exceptions, has meant a support call, or never really worked
right, or was licensed and never kept to current levels.

2.  We get so many calls regarding HP Printer Driver software - and they're
not alone - we get about the same number for Epson printers.  Both of these
companies have maddeningly complicated setup procedures for the novice.  If
you know what you're doing, and RTFM to the letter, you can get them to work
most of the time (note - MOST of the time), but there are times when you
just want to go find the SOB who wrote the driver, and perform nasty things
upon this person's body (or, you can cuss like a sailor - which is much less
violent, but still gets you to "Confession" :)

Joe