HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:48:47 EST
Jeff Vance writes:

> I named this variable HPYMDHMSM - for YearMonthDayHourMinuteSecondMillisec
>
>  Here are some choices for the name.  Please select one of the following:
>
>  _X___   HPDATETIME
>

>  _____   HPCCYYMMDDHHMMSSMMM
>

>  _____   HPYYYYMMDDHHMMSSMMM
>

>  _____   HPYMDHMSM (current name)
>

>  _____   HPDATEANDTIME

>  If I see a solid majority on a name different from HPYMDHMSM I will
>  change the name in time for 6.0 Express 1.

As it occurs, I wrote an e-mail a few moments ago and suggested HPDATETIME be
used instead, but after thinking about it a bit, I threw the e-mail away. It
sounded like complaining in the middle of getting something quite good and I
didn't want to insult you. Nonetheless, now that you ask.... :-), my vote is
for HPDATETIME (or just HPTIME).

Wirt Atmar