HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 1

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:35:37 -0600
Tony,

1. Do you want to do this in BATCH MODE, from within the job at EOJ?

If so, then you'll need to use a  network printer with an HP JETDIRECT
interface. Then you'll need to set the OUTCLASS of  the job to this network
printer. Or ( to automate it ) you could write a command file "MYEOJ" that
would (if batch mode) copy it's own $STDLIST to this network printer. I
have a command file that will do this, you will need to modify your job
streams to use it, or create a system, account, or user level UDC called
"EOJ", and run it from within the UDC.

-- OR --

2. Do you want to be able to run an interactive process on a
terminal/emulator that selects and prints the $STDLIST?

If so, then it's just a SLAVE printing issue. You could modify the above
mentioned command file to include the ESCAPE sequences necessary for SLAVE
printing. If you are using Reflections I have a COBOL program somewhere
that has all the escape sequences you'll need. If you want I can send the
command file and the slave printing escape sequences to you, but probably
not until this weekend sometime, just too busy,,,  gotta go.

Michael Anderson,
Spring, Texas.